Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dirty Looks From The Non-Tattooed





We are in week 2 of the new school year, where my daughter is again stuck in aftercare at the school campus for 4 hours in the afternoon. For me, it's kind of a lifesaver. Not very expensive at all, and keeps her safe until I get off of work. Plus, she does all of her homework before we even make it home and all I have to do is check to make sure she's done it right. So things are going pretty well.


My problem is with the other parents who are picking up their children. Well, not the dads, but the mothers. Mostly older mothers, late 30's and early 40's, who look at my tattoos like I have leprosy. Yesterday, I was picking up my daughter, and a girl she has befriended is walking out to the car at the same time we were and her friend says to me "I love your tattoos!" and the girls awful mother says to me "Nice example you are setting" and I replied (very calmly), "Thanks, I like to teach my children to be tolerant and loving to non-tattooed people, too, though". And then, I got the look of death. And I said to my daughter's friend: "Thank you sweetie. Maybe when you turn 18, we can get you a real nice one!"
What would you have said????

No comments: